Parks for You and Your Dog
revised 3/94 and 5/99
California State Parks and Beaches
information, see the State Parks website.
- California State Parks
- Dogs are allowed on leash in most State
Park picnic areas, parking lots, and similarly
- Leashes must be shorter than six feet.
- If you are camping, dogs must stay in
vehicles or tents overnight.
- Dogs are not allowed on trails, or away
from developed areas, except as noted
- Dogs are not allowed at Castle Rock State
- Proof of rabies vaccination required.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- State Park Beaches
Leashed dogs are allowed at several local State
- Candlestick Point State Recreation Area in
- McNee Ranch State Park (coastal AND inland
trails); Montara, Half Moon Bay (except Francis
Beach area at end of Kelley Ave.), San
Gregorio, Pomponio, Pescadero, and Bean Hollow
State Beaches in San Mateo County;
- Twin Lakes, Seabright, Rio del Mar,
Manressa, and Palm Beach area of Sunset State
Beach in Santa Cruz County;
- Asilomar, Carmel River, Monterey, and
Marina State Beaches in Monterey County.
Back 3 of 5 Next