Trail Center Outdoor Recreation Guides
General Guides (available from other
Poison Oak (UC Davis Health System Wellness
- How to recognize, avoid and treat poison oak.
See also the Trail Center's Poison Oak Safety
Lyme Disease (UC Davis Health System Wellness
- Current information on the tick-borne disease
and how to avoid it.
Mountain Lion Safety Tips (Mountain Lion
- What to do if you are in an area with mountain
lions present (which includes the Santa Cruz
Mountains and East Bay hills)
Rattlesnakes (UC Davis Health System Wellness
- How to treat rattlesnake bites and more.
- Prevent Hantavirus Pulmonary
Syndrome: a public information guide for tourists,
campers and hikers (CDC)
- Although rare in the Bay Area, hantavirus is
present throughout California and the West.
Trail Center. All rights reserved.
Please contact the Web
Manager for corrections or comments.