Trail Center Outdoor Recreation Guides
Trail Center General Guides
Each guide is available in a PDF version for
printing, as well as in HTML format with links. Most
focus on the SF Peninsula and South Bay Area, but
some cover the Bay Area. You are welcome to print out
the guides, which range from 9-22 pages each. Please
let us know
if you find any errors or have suggestions for
improvements, or would like to contribute a new
- Disabilities-Accessible Trails and Parks on the
San Francisco Peninsula and in the South Bay [HTML]
- Let's Go Horseback Riding! Where to Hire a
Horse for Trail Riding [HTML] [PDF]
- Stables and camps throughout the Bay Area.
- Mountain Biking on the San Francisco Peninsula
and in the South Bay Area [HTML]
- Over 450 miles of trails you can bike!
- Poison Oak Safety
- Aimed primarily toward trailbuilding, tips are
useful for general outdoor recreation as well. See
also UC Davis Health System Wellness Center's
- Parks for You and Your Dog [HTML] [PDF]
- Dog-accesible parks and trails on the SF
Peninsula and in the South Bay.
- Where Can I Ride My Horse? [HTML]
- Parks and trails open to horses throughout the
- Where to Camp on the San Francisco Peninsula
and in the South Bay Area [HTML] [PDF]
- Public and private campgrounds in San Mateo,
Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties.
- Running Trails on the San Francisco Peninsula
and in the South Bay Area
- [to be revised and coded]
Trail Center. All rights reserved.
Please contact the Web
Manager for corrections or comments.